Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Treating Anxiety with Crystal Healing
Rose quartz has a calming and soothing energy, which is ideal for helping to alleviate worries and fears. It is the primary stone used for treating anxiety because it generates feelings of being nurtured and cared for. Merely holding rose quartz in one's hand can have a very calming effect.
Rose quartz is a great crystal to carry with you or wear as crystal jewelry. It is the primary heart chakra healing stone. Placing rose quartz beneath your pillow can aid in eliminating nightmares, insomnia, or other sleep-related issues.
During crystal and gem energy healing, place a piece of rose quartz over your heart chakra, fold your hands over the stone, and then visualize your whole body being surrounded by a soft, pink glow. This helps to energize and balance your heart chakra, which may eliminate any anxiety within a few minutes.
The following technique for treating anxiety is perfect when one is overwhelmed with intense feelings of. It is best to first find a quiet, safe place where this technique can be performed in absolute solitude. This method can generally be completed in about 5 minutes. However, if the anxiety hasn't gone away in that amount of time, continue with the process as long as needed.
1) Place a piece of rose quartz in the left hand.
2) Take slow deep breaths.
3) Visualize the calming energy of the stone filling up your left hand, and flowing throughout your body.
4) Place the rose quartz over your heart chakra, which is located in the middle of your chest.
5) Hold it over the heart chakra. Continue breathing slowly and deeply.
6) Allow the healing effects of the crystal to flow over you, replacing your anxiety with a feeling of calm.
7) Feel any tightness in your body melt away, replaced with a feeling that everything is okay, you are okay, and your needs are being fulfilled.
8) Once you are feeling more calm, mediate on the source of your anxiety.
9) Send it positive thoughts. Let go of any negative feelings/sensations that come up when you think about it.
10) Be confident in the knowledge that you are able to handle any of the stresses in your life, and that you are being watched out for.
11) Take a few more slow, deep breaths.
12) Place the stone back in your pocket or bag where it will keep providing you with calming energy the rest of the day.